Great news for fans of Black Star Riders: the band is heading out on tour in the spring of 2017. Tour-dates have just been announced for Ireland and the UK, and there will be European tour-dates coming as well. (I keep hoping for North American dates… still have my fingers crossed: Vancouver, guys! It’s SUCH a nice town…)
Here’s the statement from the band, including the title of the new album: ‘Heavy Fire’. You can pre-order that album via PledgeMusic.
BLACK STAR RIDERS ANNOUNCE UK / IRELAND TOUR FOR MARCH 2017!
Black Star Riders are hitting the road next year with a comprehensive UK tour in support of their new album ‘Heavy Fire’, set for release in early 2017.
After a full year off the road, Black Star Riders (Ricky Warwick, Scott Gorham, Damon Johnson, Robert Crane and Jimmy DeGrasso) are back with a 16 date UK & Ireland run, joined on the first five dates by Scottish rockers Gun and The Amorettes and then Sweden’s own Backyard Babies with Gun on the remaining 11 shows.
Ricky Warwick: “It seems like ages since we did the Leppard / Whitesnake tour so we are all really looking forward to be back out on the road with BSR. Our third album will be out just prior to the dates so its going to be great to play tracks from that along with favorites from the first two records also. Having my old friends from Backyard Babies, Gun and The Amorettes out with us too is just icing on the cake to make a great tour!”
The band are currently in the studio in Nashville, once again with producer Nick Raskulinecz putting the finishing touches to ‘Heavy Fire’. Scott Gorham add’s, “It’s great to be back with Nick, after such a great job on The Killer Instinct it was a no brainer to continue the relationship and this album is going to blow everyone away”.
Following on from their critically acclaimed albums ‘All Hell Breaks Loose’ and ‘The Killer Instinct’ which have paved the way for Black Star Riders to be recognized as a power force in the modern day of Rock n’ Roll, ‘Heavy Fire’ will be once again released by Nuclear Blast Entertainment. The band have also brought in Pledgemusic, one of the most innovative and successful platforms of the modern music world, to give fans extra special product and experiences to go along with the album’s release.
Dates for Black Star Riders 2017 UK & Ireland Tour are:
W/ Gun and The Amorettes
- Thursday 2nd March Tramshed, Cardiff
- Friday 3rd March William Aston Hall, Wrexham
- Saturday 4th March Academy, Dublin
- Sunday 5th March Limelight, Belfast
- Tuesday 7th March Ironworks, Inverness
W/ Backyard Babies and Gun
- Wednesday 8th March O2 ABC, Glasgow (Co-Headline Show with Gun)*
- Thursday 9th March O2 ABC, Glasgow (Co-Headline Show with Gun)*
- Friday 10th March O2 Academy, Newcastle*
- Saturday 11th March O2 Academy, Leeds*
- Sunday 12th March O2 Ritz, Manchester*
- Tuesday 14th March Rock City, Nottingham
- Wednesday 15th March UEA, Norwich
- Thursday 16th March O2 Academy Bristol*
- Friday 17th March O2 Kentish Town Forum, London
- Saturday 18th March O2 Institute, Birmingham*
- Sunday 19th March O2 Academy, Bournemouth*
SPECIAL PLANET ROCK PRESALE – STARTS FRIDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER, 10AM!
European Dates to follow – announcement soon.
Photo: Robert John